Helphin introduced the PHP framework called ImpressPages for the people, who want to start their own blogging website. This application is the best tool for blogging, and it’s open source. You can able to grab a copy of ImpressPage framework and host yourself. You have a full control of your content with the blogging tool.
What is ImpressPage?
ImpressPages is a PHP framework with content management features and included with MVC engine, inline editing, and drag & drop interface. It is distributed under the GNU GPL v.3.0 and MIT licenses.
According to the Wikipedia, this framework was developed by three Lithuanian entrepreneurs – Audrius Jankauskas, Mangirdas Skripka, and Mindaugas Stankaitis. The idea was born in 2007, and after two years of development, ImpressPages alpha was released.
It has several features like Inline editing, Drog & drop function, Widgets, MVC engine, Themes, Multi-language support & translations and Grid for databases.
You can easily manage your blog without any coding knowledge and stress. This framework is enough for personal use and commercial, but, recommended for the personal blogging.
If you want to use this tool before you decide and do it yourself. Helphin not supported for any issues and installation.
In this helphin guide, you will learn about how to install ImpressPage on your cPanel Linux based hosting server. This is very easy and simple guide. You can install this framework within a minutes.
How to install ImpressPages CMS on Linux Hosting Server?
- Go to ImpressPages official page. Click the Download button.
- On this page, click the latest version of the RAR file.
- Now, open the download folder on your computer. Extract the RAR package.
- Now log in your cPanel hosting account from web hosting providers website.
Read our articles about how to create a MySQL database in cPanel.
- Find the MySQL Databases link and you will redirect to database page.
In this page, first, we need to create Database name for ImpressPages CMS. So, type your database name in that text field and click Create Database button.
- Now we are going to create a user for the CMS database. Choose your username and password (twice), after hit Create User button.
- This is the very important step. We must set the user to the particular database for the admin privileges. So you can select the database name and database user in the drop down list. Final hit Add button.
- Here we are going to set full administrator privileges for the user to the database. Click ALL PRIVILEGES check box and click Make Changes in the bottom of the page.
- Open your FileZilla FTP software and Log in your file transferring account. Navigate your downloadable ImpressPages package in the left side. On the right side, choose your destination, where that application is installed. Now select all file from the source directory, and upload it to the destination.
- Now open your browser. Enter your website URL and hit Enter button.
(Note: If you copied the package to sub-directory from server, don’t forget to add sub-directory name with your website URL)
You can see the configuration page. First of all enter your website name, administrator email address, and time zone. Once that information is done, click Next button.
- If the server has a required configuration, you will directly jump the third step. In this page, you need to set your database details. So put database username, password, and the database name. finally, click Next button.
- Everything is fine. Now you can see the pop-up window with administrator username and password. You can change your admin password anytime. Click the Change credentials link in the popup window for admin password changing. Click Yes, I understand how to log in next time button.
- Also navigate Menu -> System -> Administrator -> admin -> Edit to change your password.
- Now you can see the administrator profile. Set your admin new password and hit Save button.
- This is the web page. Now you are able to drag and drop the particular features for your website. For example, we drag the video feature to the page for our demo page.
- Put your video URL at the popup windows. You can able to resize your video width and height, as well as the aspect ratio.
- Now you can see the video on the text page on the demo site.
ImpressPages CMS is very useful for Beginners, who want to start their portfolio website. This is one of the best choices. Now you learned about how to install ImpressPages CMS on your Godaddy Linux based hosting server.
Try the Demo Page
When you log out the administrator account, all dashboard features disappeared immediately. Your blog is looking pretty amazing.
We hope this helphin guide is useful to you for choosing blogging application. If you have a thought, share with us.