Helphin is trying to introduce most of the CMS around the world to you. That’s why we post a guide about different CMS. In this guide, Helphin introduced to a new CMS called Concrete5 tool. It’s open source content management tool that gives you a full control of your site.
What is Concrete5?
The Concrete5 tool is developing for the people, who don’t have programming skills. The basic knowledge is enough for your website built with this CMS. This is a user-friendly tool that user can easily understand to build their own website.
Once people login their website, every page on the website has an editing toolbar. When you see something you want to change, simply click edit and make your changes. Concrete5 has plenty of free and commercial options for add-ons and themes. When people buy a commercial add-on or themes there are no recurring costs. So, you can buy products at one time per site.
Concrete5 CMS also SEO friendly. People can simply add metadata to any page or image live right in their browser, or using the built-in Bulk SEO tool at once.
If you want to use Concrete5 tool for your website, you have a choice to built online magazines and newspapers website, eCommerce sites, Government websites, small business websites, non-profit and organization sites, community-based portals, school or college websites and personal or family homepages. You have a full control of your websites every page.
Concrete5 CMS has including marketing tools, blog and commenting features, Access control, Social and SEO tool, security features, and supports.
How to Install Concrete5 CMS on Linux Hosting Server
- Goto Concrete5 CMS website. Find a download concrete5 link and click it. Now the page redirects to download page. Here you can click the Download button to get your copy.
- Navigate download folder on your computer. Extract the concrete5 CMS zip file.
- Open your FileZilla application. Log in your web hosting account. Provide your hosting name, username, and password after hit quick connect button. Wait for a moment to connect your hosting server. Now navigate your extracted concrete5 CMS folder on the left side of the application. Upload your files into your main domain or subdomain depending on your decision.
(Note: Here we are going to install concrete5 CMS on a subdomain called ‘demo’. So we upload our all files into the demo directory under public_html directory. If you want to install that CMS on the Main domain, then upload your files into a public_html directory.)
- Log in your GoDaddy web account. Click Manage button on Web Hosting menu.
- Here you need to click Manage button.
- First, we set up the database username and password for CMS website. Find and Click the MySQL Databases link under the Databases category.
- First We are going to create Database name. So choose your Database name and click Create Database button.
- Note 1: Here we are going to create the username. So first choose your own database username and password. Click Create User button.
Note 2: Now we add the user to the particular Database for the administrator privileges. So choose the concrete5 username and Database name in the drop down lists. Finally, click Add button.
- In this page, Click ALL PRIVILEGES check box at the top of the page, Finally, click the Make Changes button at the bottom of the page. We are all set now.
- Open your browser and enter your domain name clearly. You can see the installation page. Choose your language and click the arrow button.
- Now the concrete5 application can check the server for the minimum support requirement. If your server eligible for the concrete5 CMS, then you can continue to install the CMS. Here you need to click Continue to Installation button in the bottom of the page.
- This is the configure page. You can provide your Website name, administrator Email address, password, and database server, database name, database username, and password. Once you entered correctly, you can able to click Install concrete5 button.
(Note: If you are a beginner, click Full site in the starting point. Database server name is localhost)
- You can install Concrete5 CMS successfully. Now you can able to edit your website. Click Edit Your Site button in the bottom of the page.
- This is the help popup window.
- In the right side, you can see the link to your website dashboard. Hereafter you can manage your users, files, themes, and other settings in this menu.
- You can able to edit the default block elements as want you like.
We hope this guide will helpful for you and now you learned how to install Concrete5 CMS on your GoDaddy Linux hosting server.