Most of the web application and other content management systems were using the database for information storage. It has well built to save the data’s in databases. Commonly cPanel used PHPMyAdmin and MySQL database for user needs.
What is Database?
The database is collections schemas, tables, queries, reports, views, and other objects. You can store the data using Structured Query Language. A Database Management System (DBMS) is a computer software application that interacts with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data. Nowadays, we have well-established DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
Some web application has saved their own data’s like content, title and..etc. So developers are creating the database software to store and retrieve data’s for users. It can be saved well-structured in the Database application. Of course, the database is the main part of the web application.
In this helphin guide, we are going to learn, how to create Database name, database username, and password in MySQL database for a self-hosted web application.
How to Create a MySQL in cPanel dashboard?
- Go to your hosting provider website. Here we are login Godaddy account for our website.
- Now find WEB HOSTING tab and click Manage button.
- In this page, we need to click Manage button.
- This is the cPanel dashboard. Here you can use your file manager option, the database application, one-click install option, domains, security options, advanced options, and emails.
In the above search box, was built to find your cPanel settings quickly. Otherwise, you can also scroll down the page to find the settings.
- Find and click MySQL Databases link under Databases settings.
- It has redirected to the MySQL Databases page. First, we need to create a database for specified web application. Now click Create Databases button. Choosing hard to find database name is recommended.
- The second step is creating a username password for the database. So choose your username and password. Choosing a strong password is recommended. Click Create User button to finish.
- Now we give full admin privileges to the database user for the database. So you must choose the database username and database name in the drop down list. Finally, click Add button.
- Now you dropped in user privileges manage page. Now you should click ALL PRIVILEGES check box, after clicking the Make Changes button in the bottom. You are all set.
Now you can add your database, database name, and database password, when you installing web applications, ask for that database information.
We hope this little guide helpful to learn to create Database details on cPanel dashboard. If you have a thought, please feel free to share.